Micro Analog Systems Oy introduces MAS6502, a 16-bit Piezoresistive Sensor Signal Interface IC primarily intended for MEMS based pressure sensor modules.
The device uses a ratiometric AD-converter principle employing a delta-sigma conversion technique, giving very good noise performance. Its current consumption is extremely low (2.3 µA) and it can operate at low supply voltage from 2.0 V to 3.6 V which makes it an ideal solution for interfacing a piezo-resistive sensor in power consumption critical portable applications. The effective number of bits (ENOB) of the ADC is 14-bits. The over sampling ratio (OSR) of the Delta-Sigma converter has four values to choose from for further optimization between conversion accuracy, speed and current consumption. The external sensor bridge can be used to sense not only pressure but also temperature, using the built-in sensor sampling switches. The MAS6502 communicates via a standard 2-wire I2C serial bus interface.
- Low Standby Current Consumption 0.1 µA Typ
- Very Low Supply Current: 0.35 µA…2.3 µA
- Supply Voltage: 2.0 V…3.6 V
- Ratiometric Delta-Sigma Conversion
- Selectable Input Signal Ranges (VDD=2.35V):
- 325 mVPP, 220 mVPP, 150 mVPP, 100 mVP
- Selectable Optional Offset (VDD=2.35V):
- 33 mV
- Selectable Sensor Resistance Values
- 5 kohm, 4.5 kohm, 4 kohm, 3.4 kohm
- Over Sampling Ratio: 512, 256, 128, 64
- Conversion Times 0.8 ms…10.6 ms Typ
- 2-Wire Serial Data Interface (I2C Bus)
- 256 Bit EEPROM Memory
- Good Noise Performance thanks to the Delta-Sigma Architecture
MAS6502 is available in a QFN-16 4x4x0.75 package as well as tested wafers or dies in waffle pack. For further information and samples please contact Micro Analog Systems Oy
Download <press release>.