Helsinki, Finland – 15 November 2013
Micro Analog Systems Oy today announced MAS6510, a 24-bit Capacitive Sensor Signal Interface IC primarily intended for MEMS based pressure sensor modules.
The device uses a ratiometric capacitance to digital (CDC) principle employing a delta-sigma (DS) conversion technique, giving very good noise performance. Its current consumption is extremely low (47.9 ?A, one pressure conversion in a second with 17.5-bit resolution) and it can operate at low supply voltage from 1.8 V to 3.6 V which makes it an ideal solution for interfacing a capacitive sensor in power consumption critical portable applications. The effective number of bits (ENOB) of the CDC is 17.5-bits. The over sampling ratio (OSR) of the DS-converter has five values to choose from for further optimization between conversion accuracy, speed and current consumption. Two capacitance measurement modes are supported and the output can be proportional either to capacitance difference (CS-CR) or to capacitance ratio (CS-CR)/CS. The on chip temperature sensor serves temperature measurement and temperature compensation purposes. The MAS6510 also features supply voltage monitoring mode which is especially useful in battery operated systems. For communication standard 2-wire I2C bus and SPI serial interfaces are available.
• Low Standby Current Consumption 0.01 ?A Typ
• Very Low Supply Current: 3.3 ?A…47.9 ?A Typ
• Supply Voltage: 1.8 V…3.6 V
• Ratiometric >? Conversion
• Sensor Offset and Gain Adjustment
• Changing Capacitance Range 2pF…30pF
• Internal Offset Capacitance Matrix 0pF…22pF
• External Capacitance up to 40pF (or higher using external clock)
• Over Sampling Ratio: 4096, 2048, 1024, 512 and 256
• Conversion Times 5.8 ms…82.6 ms Typ
• On Chip Temperature Sensor -40°C…+85°C
• Internal Clock Oscillator
• 2-Wire Serial Data Interface (I2C Bus) and Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
• 256 Bit EEPROM Memory
• Good Noise Performance thanks to the >? Architecture
• VDD monitoring mode
MAS6510 is available in a QFN-16 4x4x0.75 package as well as tested wafers or dies in waffle pack. For further information and samples please contact Micro Analog Systems Oy.
About Micro Analog Systems
Founded in 1984, Micro Analog Systems Oy is a privately owned fabless
semiconductor house located in Helsinki, Finland. MAS supplies Application Specific
Standard Parts and ASICs for worldwide customer base. MAS current product
portfolio consists of time signal receiver ICs, crystal oscillator ICs and AD converters
for sensor applications as well as of other high performance analog ICs.
For More Information
+358 50 331 5638